This pattern caught my eye when I was on the hunt for a nice pair of shorts that weren't too tight (as that makes them too hot in summer) which also managed to be flattering at the same time.
I used a linen rayon blend in a pale turquoise colour, which feels soft & silky.
(this probably translates to - terrible to wash, terrible to wear! but hey, we'll take that chance, won't we!)
Excuse the cruddy photos, I couldn't find my camera (I think one of the kids 'borrowed' it) so had to use my phone to take them.
And it was night-time...
Ok that's my excuses, so live with them!!
Unusual for a New Look pattern, this pattern actually has a proper fly pattern on the shorts & as such, they were actually quite time consuming to sew. (New Look normally have very simple instructions, nothing fancy, often no linings etc & they use a lot of faux finishes to save time, eg fake pocket flaps, pretend fly etc).
I also love how New Look often have the waistline sitting 1 inch below the natural waist & use a curved waistband, & this pattern is no exception.
This sat really nicely & was ever so comfortable too.
They also had a nice inverted pleat at the front, which is a nice little feature to take them out of the ordinary.
I did try different hem lengths to see which length I liked best, & ended up with the fold up cuff as per the pattern.
Surprisingly (on me) this was the most slimming.
Cute button, don't you think?!
I don't normally wear wide leg pants but I suspect these would look flattering as well, so may even give them a go at some point too.
But for now, I want to make a few more pair of these shorts, as I really like how they turned nout & suspect I'll be getting quite a bit of use out of these this summer!





I love this pattern too! Great fabric choice and beautiful work as well!
ReplyDeleteFabulous job on the shorts - I love that colour and the fit looks excellent. As soon as we get nearer to shorts wearing weather this side of the hemisphere I'm going to take a look at that pattern - the style is very nice.
ReplyDeleteWow. Those shorts look great on you. The style is darling ... including the turned up cuff. And yes, the button and that detail is so cute. Very nice job. (and thanks also for the heads up about New Look usually having easy details and lower curved waistbands... I didn't know that but it's sure nice to know)
ReplyDelete