Sunday, November 7, 2010

another weekend, another dress!

Hi there. Remember me?

I haven't been near the sewing machine lately, too much life has been getting in the way.
But today I managed to get one of the dresses sewn that I cut out yonks ago.



It is another Simplicity 2369 dress, the third one of these I've made so far.
Again I made the short sleeve version, but this time I had a nice coconut shell buckle to use. 
The fabric was very fine & slinky though, so the coverstitch machine chewed up the neckline topstitching a bit.
I unpicked that & attached some beige undies elastic (you know the type with the little loopy border?) to the neckline & lower part of the wrap piece.
I think it looks really nice & as an added bonus, it helped stabilised the neckline too.


One of these days I'll get around to making this as a top, & with a different sleeve!
As I have 3 of these dresses now (with the only difference being the fabric & the ties) I think I'll give this style a break, for now anyway.... ;-)
So what do you think?

2 comments:

  1. Looks great! I love this pattern too! The coconut buckle is just perfect with your print.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fabulous dress! It looks like an expensive designer one. I really love the buckle and the pretty elastic trim - little touches like this make such a difference. The fabric is gorgeous - I love the colour combination and the big flower print.

    ReplyDelete