Hello again.
as a change from a sewing report, I thought I'd share a recipe given to me today by one of my friends at work, Melissa.
She made this gorgeous Apple Cream Slice & brought it in to share, & it was so yummy, that we all begged her to shared the recipe.
So when I got home this arvo, what did I find in my in-box, but the said recipe, sent to me from Melissa!
Thank you Melissa!
As Melissa was happy to share, I thought I'd pass it on to my sewing friends (with appropriate US/UK conversions) - enjoy!
Melissa's Apple Cream Slice
1 cup self raising flour (or 1 cup all purpose flour + 1 1/2 tspns baking powder)
1 cup desiccated coconut
1/2 cup caster sugar (superfine)
125g/4oz butter melted (1 stick, roughly)
1 tspn vanilla essence
250g/8oz tub sour cream
420g /14oz can sliced pie apples, drained
1 tblspn cinnamon sugar (an AU tablesooon is 20ml, & a US/UK tablesooon is 15ml)
1. Preheat oven to moderate, 180C/350F. Line a 16 x 26cm (6" x 10") slice pan (1" deep) with baking paper.
2. In a large bowl, combine flour, coconut & sugar. Pour in butter & vanilla, stirring until combined. Press firmly into pan.
3. Bake 10-15 mins, until lightly golden. Allow to cool slightly.
4. Spread sour cream over base. Top with apple slices. Sprinkle with cinnamon sugar. Bake for 10-15 mins, until lightly golden. Cut into squares & serve warm or cold.
Now tell me that isn't good!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
That sounds soooo sinful!! Got to try it, thank so much for sharing!!
ReplyDelete