Hi, remember me?
I've been offline for the last 2 months.... have had lots happening.
Firstly the flooding in Brisbane of course (thank you for all who asked, I was fine here, didn't get flooded or anything, just couldn't get to work for a few days)...
And have been spending time getting to know my new guy... bit difficult as he lives so far away (in Victoria) so thank god for skype! All is going well there, & I'm looking to move down south to be with him (yes its going THAT well!)
I have also taken up riding my new road bike, working up to doing 30-35km, currently managing around 20km....
Added bonus is I've lost 8kg since I started - oh bummer, new clothes needed!
And of course a bit of sewing here & there ;-)
The latest off the machines is a dress from Knipmode magazine's Dec 2010 issue, model 11.
Here's the mag photo anyway...
A very elegant winter dress made in knits, with an interesting twist front drape thingy going on... HUGE pattern piece for the front/drape.
My fabric was a bit wider that what they suggested so was able to put this piece on the fold (they cut 2 in the mag) & also added the other collar piece on to it so it was cut it in one....
My fabric is a beautiful tie-dye look with floral print in navy & rusty browns, I fell in love with it & just had to buy it (got it in the other 2 other colour-ways too, red & purple, watch this space)...
I still used about 3m to make this dress, even though it was wider than the mag used....
So here's a few photos, including a few close-ups of the front twist.
I really like how this turned out, very elegant & the neckline sits nicely.
I made a size 42 as my bust is now 99cm....
However it was huge thru the waistline. (& my waistline is still larger than a size 42!)
I took it it thru the CB as I didn't want to muss up the front drape, & ended up taking it in 10cm/4 inches!!
I just tapered it up to the neckline & hemline. (it looked like a sack prior to this adjustment)
I could actually make a size 38 in the hips as my hips are also 99cm, but as it was a flared shape I stuck to the size 42.
But anyway it turned out nicely & I'm really happy with it (after I took it in!)
So what do you think?








The dress is beautiful and it's so nice to hear from you. Sounds like things are going well and that is exciting! Glad you were safe through all the flooding.
ReplyDeleteWow this dress is beautiful and those shoes are to die for!!! Congratulations on your new relationship!! I'm so happy you're safe and back too!
ReplyDeleteHello, I have just seen your blog and you are in Brisbane! If you like nice fabric I have the address of a great fabric sale on my blog www.sewdarntired.blogspot.com
ReplyDeleteI really like your blog. Hope you haven't moved to Victoria yet!