Well after the success of the denim shorts, it was time for another pair of jeans using Jalie 2908.
This is the 3rd pair of jeans made from this pattern, it is a real TNT.
I used the same denim as for the shorts, & kept to the white top-stitching again.
For the pockets I used a lace embroidery design, unfortunately I don't remember where I found it now though, but I think it turned out really nicely.
As this denim didn't feel as stretchy as the previous denim used, I cut the waistband as per the pattern (on the fold though & cross grain rather than bias, as I had done for the other 2 pair).
However, I ended up with a gaping waistband (which is not something I normally have a problem with as my bum is fairly flat) so I ended up removing the back section of the waistband , taking it in 2cm at the CB seam & stretching it to fit.
This pulled the back section in nicely & gave a perfect fit.
anyway here are the photos, tell me what you think!









Wow great fit, beautiful topstitching and love the embroidery.
ReplyDeleteI think they are just GREAT!!! Soooo very professional (and sexy!) I've still not made mine yet and don't understand why I'm waiting!!! You've inspired me with all of the creations you've made from this pattern!!! Hopefully I'll get them done before the end of the year! Wish me luck!!!
ReplyDeleteFabulous pair of jeans and the fit is super-perfect! I love the back pocket embroidery.
ReplyDeleteThey look like a pretty darn good fit! I really like the white topstitching and the butterfly pockets. Another excellent job. I have this pattern and need to make time to make it. Yours are so inspiring.
ReplyDeleteI think they look and fit fantastic. Job well down and that pattern is definitely a keeper TNT for you!
ReplyDeleteGreat jeans - you should be very happy with them - very professional!
ReplyDelete