Monday, May 3, 2010

Well here are those sewing room photos I mentioned - the room could have been bigger, that's for sure!
All my machines are Janome - I have a sewing machine, overlocker & coverstitch machine on the large desk (an old draftsman's desk my sister gave me which I refurbished), and in one corner by the window is my embroidery machine.

Under that desk is my old sewing machine, which I still use occasionally as my attachements for that machine (such as my ruffler) don't fit the new one. When I upgraded my machines a few years ago, I decided against getting the new top-of-the-range Janome in preference for separate embroidery & sewing machines. Not only was it much cheaper, but I can have the embroidery machine going & do some sewing at the same time.

In the other corner by the window is my pattern drawer - overflowing!
I picked this up at Ikea very cheaply (Aneboda $99) & its the perfect size for patterns.
I have another one to go into this room, but first I have to get some shelving up to put my overlocker threads on, as they are currently taking up the spot where that chest of drawers will go (on the other side of the sewing desk).

My manequin is called Sasha, & she is currently wearing my old wedding dress (from 1987), which I found in storage & has been pulled out to sell on Ebay (I just haven't gotten around to it yet!).
Behind the mirror doors is my fabric stash, & it is jam-packed! Sadly when I got the cupboard built I did not make it deeep enough, so consequently all my fabric stash doesn't fit into it! I still have a number of tea-chest boxes stored in the garage, until I figure out how to access & store their contents!

2 comments:

  1. Great article about you! Your sewing room helps to inspire me. My job keeps me from sewing as much as I like. I'm an addict too & I get very sad when I can't sew!! So I look for inspiration where I can, thank you! Welcome to Blogland!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Found your blog via your pattern review, love your New Look top.

    My sewing room is in the guest bedroom so can't quite set my machines up like yours, but am trying to work out a way.

    ReplyDelete